A place for Maine's Frugalistas to Share Information on Matching Coupons with Upcoming Sales to Maximize Savings to Your Budget. Welcome, Friends ♥

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Shaws Addional $1/1 DOUBLE coupons= Woo Hoo!!!


$68.11 in Groceries for Only $26.11 +  $5.92 in Bread from Nissen Outlet Store
Shaws:                                                                   
2 Boxes Cheerios $1.08 each                                     
2 Boxes Trix .68¢ each                                             
1 Box Corn Chex $1.08 each                                    
2 Cans Progresso Bread Crumbs $1.00 each           
2 Welch's Grape Juice 1.99 each
4 Boxes Nature Valley Granola Bars $1.08 each
2 Boxes Nature Valley Trail Mix $1.13 each
4oz Tilapia $1.00
4 oz Salmon $1.00
2 Bags Sargento Parmesan Cheese $5.00
3 Asian Pears $1.50
10 8oz Shaw's Tomato Sauce $1.95

Nissen Outlet Store:
2 Country Wheat Bread .99¢ each
2 Country White Bread .99¢ each
4 Single Serve Popcorns .49¢ each

I had a wonderful adventure with my friend, Cheri in Waterville.
First, we stopped by the Rite Aid in Fairfield. This store ROCKS!!! Store Manager, Michelle was wonderful. I had a problem getting all the RRs I anticipated, but she knew just what to do to fix the problem AND she was friendly all the while she helped me. I was hoping to find a couple of the Irish Spring Body Washes that have been unavailable on my local store shelves this whole week. So, I was not a bit surprised to see empty spaces where I hoped the Irish Spring Body Wash would live. Slightly disappointed, I decided to go ahead and buy a couple packages of Irish Spring Bar Soaps and Deodorants instead. While these would not be FREE, I can live with 17¢ per bar of soap. I borrowed my Nana's Rite Aid Wellness Card because there is a limit of four per on this deal. When buying Soft Soap Bodywash this week at the Belfast Rite Aid on my card, only two of the four $2 RRs printed on my receipt. Patricia, who is AMAZING at her job and by far my favorite employee, helped me to remedy the situation. Michelle was quick to return the items, rescan them and make sure I got the right credit for the sale. Interestingly, when my friend, Cheri duplicated the exact same two transactions, all of her RRs printed without any hitches.

Next, we shopped Shaw's. I was excited to see what could be matched with the four $1.00/1 coupons I printed from Shaw's on Facebook Here. My favorite deal was on GM products.

I bought 2 boxes of Cheerios, 2 boxes of Trix, and 1 box of Corn Chex. I used a $1/3 boxes of GM cereals and (2) .50¢/1 box of Trix which I printed online last week from the www.Shaws.com site. When you add the additional $1/1 Shaws Facebook coupon, it looks like this:
GM Product Sale 4/$10.00,
get an additional .62¢ off on each when you buy 5= $1.88 each box which totals $9.40
less $1/3 GM, less $1/1 Shaws, less (2) .50¢/1 (each doubles)= $5.40 for 5 boxes
$1.08 each box.

I bought 6 boxes of Nature Valley Granola Bars. I used (3) $1/2 coupons from the Sunday paper insert. These were also on sale for 4/$10.00 with an additional .62¢ off each when you buy 5. This brings the total down to $1.88/box. The  insert coupons make them $1.38/box. I used my other three Shaw's Facebook $1/1 coupons to them .88¢ each box.

Lastly, Cheri took me to the Nissen Discount Store. I found Country White and Wheat breads, which normally retail for $2.99 at my local Walmart for only .99¢. I bought 4 loaves; one loaf of each in the bread box of a quick french toast breakfast tomorrow and I froze the other two loaves to use whenever suits my needs in the future. Thanks, Cheri!!!!

I was able to print another block of four $1/1 coupons today and might repeat the Granola Bar purchases before the sale ends October 6th. I am not sure if they are somehow linked to my Shaw's card and will be disallowed on another visit or if I can do this another time. I will keep you posted when I find out.

Do you plan to use Shaw's additional coupon savings this week?

Sonja ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment