A place for Maine's Frugalistas to Share Information on Matching Coupons with Upcoming Sales to Maximize Savings to Your Budget. Welcome, Friends ♥

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Shaws... Once More With Feeling

1 Box Trix
2 Boxes Cookie Crisp
3 Boxes Cinnamon Toast Crunch
4 Boxes Cheerios
6 Nature Valley Trail Mix
6 Nature Valley Granola

Retail Value:  $75.28
Total Spent: $26.60
(1) $3 OYNO Catalina earned

Net Transaction: $23.60
68% Savings

I visited Shaw's on Friday, eager to see what I could do with their four bonus $1/1 facebook coupons. I was pleased with my shopping, but I knew that Nature Valley was participating in a catalina offer for $3 off on your next order (OYNO). With that added into the mix, how could I resist?

I had "liked" Shaw's on my facebook page already. My husband followed suit on his account. He printed off his four $1/1 Shaw's coupons. I considered trying to print a 2nd set for myself, but decided against it. The page clearly states only one per Customer. Armed with coupons in hand, we drove to our local Shaw's anticipating delightful savings.

A couple of ways to use your Shaw's coupons to their best advantage:

Option 1
Transaction #1:
Buy 6 boxes of Nature Valley Granola Bars on sale for 4/$10. If you buy 5 boxes, you get them at $1.88 each AND a $3.00 OYNO will print. Use (3) $1/1 Nature Valley Coupons from SS insert. AND use (3) $1/1 Shaw's coupons from facebook. The Math:

6 x $1.88= $11.28
less (3) $1/1 coupons= $8.28
less (3) Shaw's $1/1 coupons= $5.28
Earn $3 OYNO= $2.28 for 6 boxes or .38¢ per box

Transaction #2:
Buy 6 boxes of Nature Valley Granola Bars on sale for 4/$10. If you buy 5 boxes, you get them at $1.88 each AND a $3.00 OYNO will print. Use (3) $1/1 Nature Valley Coupons from ss insert. AND use (1) $1/1 Shaw's coupons from facebook. AND use $3 OYNO catalina. The Math:

6 x $1.88= $11.28
less (3) $1/1 coupons= $8.28
less (1) Shaw's $1/1 coupons= $6.28
less (1) $3 OYNO coupon= $3.28
Earn $3 OYNO= $.28 for 6 boxes or .05¢ per box

In theory, you could continue to do this transaction (though, you would not have the additional $1/1 Shaw's coupons to use) until your coupons ran out or the sale ends. You do need to purchase other items to bring the total to $15 in order to use the Shaw's coupons. I supplemented this with buying GM cereals. Whether you use the $1/2, $1/3, or $2/5 GM coupons, the total to purchase 5 boxes works out to be $7.40 for 5 boxes of cereal or $1.48/box. If you decided to use the Shaw's coupons on these, you would get them for as low as .68¢/box. I have seen some chatter about printable coupons for Chex, Trix, Cookie Crisp, and Cheerios, but they were not listed on the sites when I searched for them.

For my family, I purchased 6 boxes of Nature Valley Granola Bars first. Then, my husband purchased 6 boxes of Nature Valley Granola Bars and the cereals all together. We could have split the orders and used both $3 OYNO catalinas (and probably should have!) but we still have one and I am completely fine with my results.

If you find a link to the GM cereal printables, I would LOVE to have you comment it here for others to use.

Sonja ♥






No comments:

Post a Comment