A place for Maine's Frugalistas to Share Information on Matching Coupons with Upcoming Sales to Maximize Savings to Your Budget. Welcome, Friends ♥

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My First Trip into the Land of Couponing

My 1st Extreme Couponing Foray...


THE BREAK DOWN:
20 boxes Special K Cereals
8 boxes Cake Mix
4 boxes Cereal Bars
2 boxes Special K Bars
4 Kraft Macaroni & Cheese
2 Lemon Juice
2 boxes Ronzoni Penne
2 bags Macaroni
4 boxes Candy Canes
2 bags Werther's Originals
2 Reach Toothbrushes
2 Reach Floss
4 packs of Gum

$155 in groceries for $20 cash and I still had $13 in Rite Aid Rewards to spend. I considered this a successful trip and my interest was piqued.


I scanned the flyers in the mail and planned my next shopping trip. Sunday was the "big day". That trip was, admittedly, a little harder than the carefree trip I envisioned and I went to 5 different Rite Aid stores to achieve my goal, but since I did score the products that I was trying to, I was happy. 


THE BREAKDOWN:

I started with $17.00 in Rite Aide's Rewards (rr).
I ended with:
75- single roll toilet paper,
4- 4 pack toilet paper,
20 boxes facial tissues,
4- 8 packs strawberry snacks,
6- bags of muffin mix,
4 bags of Ricola cough drops,
1 bag Rite Aide cough drops,
1 package of ping pong balls... and my reward...
2 Big Cup Reese's candies (I shared with Sean)

Total Retail Value $125.41
Out of pocket cost $3.93
AND... I now had $24.00 in RR

No longer piqued, I was~ full on~ hooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment