A place for Maine's Frugalistas to Share Information on Matching Coupons with Upcoming Sales to Maximize Savings to Your Budget. Welcome, Friends ♥

Thursday, September 8, 2011

$43.40 in merchandise for $6.39 at Rite Aid and Walgreens.

Retail amount $20.89. Out of Pocket $3.97
I have said it before, but it really saves to pay close attention to the sale you are planning on using. I thought I had done my homework. I printed the needed coupons, clipped others, decided the order of my transactions and planned every aspect of my trip. I thought I was ready, but I did not look at the sales flyer closely enough. In the end, technically, I did get the Scope for free, (plus tax) but, since I did not get the $3 rr that I was expecting at the end of my transaction, the purchase cost me more than it should have. I cannot emphasize enough how important it is to look at the flyer closely. Both the scope and the crest were listed under the same deal and there was a 1 limit per on them, so even though I bought only one of each item, I only got one $3rr, not two as I was expecting.

Transaction 1:
I bought (2) Excedrin Migraines on sale for $2.50 with a buy 2, receive 1 rr. I used (2) $1/1 coupons printed from excedrin.com. Combined with the sale, this transaction cost me $2.25 out of pocket and I received $1rr.

Transaction 2:
I bought (1) Crest toothpast on sale for $3.99 with a $3rr. I used (1) $1/1 coupon from PG. I used the RR from the 1st transaction. Combined with the sale, this transaction cost me $1.99+ tax and I earned $3rr.

Transaction 3:
I bought (1) Scope mouthwash on sale $3.99 with a $3rr. I used (1) $1/1 coupon from PG. I used the $3rr from the 2nd transaction. Combined with the sale, this transaction cost me $.51.

I appreciate my husband, Sean's kindly words of solace as I bemoaned my mistake. "Look at it this way, every time we do it wrong, we learn. And, that is one mistake we won't make again." I appreciate it, but I can confide honestly that I grow tired of this type of learning.

I did much, much better at Walgreens. 

Regular Retail $22.51. Out of Pocket $6.42, Earned (2) $2rrs.
I started with a $5rr from purchasing M&Ms last week.

Transaction 1:
I bought (1) Mitchum Deodorant, (3) 8oz Cans Tomato Sauce, (1) 6 Roll Scott Paper Towel.
I used (1) $1/1 Mitchum Deodorant from smartsource.com, (1) $1/1 Scott Paper Towel from Walgreen's September Coupon book, (1) $1/1 Scott Paper Towel from insert.
I also used the $5rr I already had. Total out of pocket $1.14 and I earned a $2rr.

Transaction 2:
I bought (1) Mitchum Deodorant using (1) $1/1 Mitchum Deodorant from smartsource.com. I did not use the rr from transaction 1 because then under Walgreen's policy, a new rr would not print as I wanted it to. Total out of pocket $2.14 and I earned a $2rr.

Transaction 3:
I repeated Transaction 3. This gave me a total of (3) $2RRs.

Transaction 4:
I purchased (3) 8oz Cans Tomato Sauce, (1) 6 Roll Scott Paper Towel.
I used (1) $1/1 Scott Paper Towel from Walgreen's September Coupon book and combined it with like before with (1) $1/1 Scott Paper Towel from insert. I also used (1) $2rr from the Mitchum transactions. Total out of pocket $2.00.

Out of Pocket $6.42, less $4 rr = Net transaction of $2.42

I think I might go over tomorrow and get more towels. They are priced at $5.00; with (2) $1/1 coupons, the paper towel will cost .50 cents/roll.

What sales did you find this week?
Sonja♥


No comments:

Post a Comment