A place for Maine's Frugalistas to Share Information on Matching Coupons with Upcoming Sales to Maximize Savings to Your Budget. Welcome, Friends ♥

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Rite Aid Sept 15: I earned a profit of .33 cents buying $20.45 in merchandise.


I visited Rite Aid today and was pleasantly surprised to still find all of the items I wanted to purchase in stock. Understandably, when you shop a sale midweek, without the benefit of ordering stock in advance, you have to expect that sometimes, items you want will be sold out. This was one positive aspect of my trip. I got everything I came for.

The second positive thing about today's trip was that I earned $ .33 cents profit purchasing my items. The Bayer Advanced 20 ct was on sale for $2.99 with a $1rr (limit 2). I used (3) $2/1 manufacturer coupon on the Bayer Advanced from last Sunday's paper. And, I used (1) $1/1 adperk coupon for Bayer Advanced, which I printed here. This made the purchase of two of the Bayer aspirins free and the third Bayer was a $1 money maker.

The Febreze Noticeables were also free. The sale price is 2/$5 and I used (2) $3/1 coupons from the PG insert. I wish I could say that I was pleased about everthing in my experience today. Which brings me to the down side of today's shopping…

I wonder how difficult it would be to add a more comprehensive coupon handling unit to Rite Aid's employee training/orientation. It is invariable that when I want to use a coupon with a greater value than the sale item's purchase price, it is ALWAYS a hassle. When this is going to happen (like today; my coupons would have totalled $6 and the Febreze items would have only cost me $5), I bring to the clerk's attention that they are going to need to modify the coupon amount to the sale price of the item. This is necessary because some clerks will simply scan in the full value of the coupon and thus, give me more "credit" than I should have. To sit by and allow this to happen is akin to stealing to me. So, I choose not to do it and damage my Christian conscience. Today's response of, "We can't use a coupon valued at more than the cost of the item!" was typical. I gently explained all that needed to happen was to modify the value of the coupon. Sounds simple enough, doesn't it? One kind assistant manager could not figure out how to do this. It took a second assistant manager to explain the practice of modifying the coupon amount and completing the transaction. It all worked out, but really, it seems that some additional training is necessary! It would be better for other Customers who have to wait in line while manager after manager are called to remedy problems. It would be better for the Customer who is attempting to use the coupons offered by the manufacturer and/or retail stores.

I wonder if anything can be done to assist in the training of employees other than our continuing to do so, one transaction at a time.

Sonja


No comments:

Post a Comment