A place for Maine's Frugalistas to Share Information on Matching Coupons with Upcoming Sales to Maximize Savings to Your Budget. Welcome, Friends ♥

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Shaw's Today

$57.44 Retail Cost. Out of Pocket Expense $23.26

Today's Purchases:
3 bags Shaw's Brand Croutons
10 boxes Totino's Pizza Rolls
1 Single Serving of Tilapia
1 Single Serving of Salmon
(2) 3 lb packs of Chicken Breast
(1) 4 pack Bathroom tissue
6 Oscar Meyer Lunchables

My eldest daughter would live on Totino's Pizza Rolls if I allowed it. My younger two daughters favor Oscar Meyer's lunchables. I think that, as with everything else, balance in all things is recommended. They make a very handy afterschool treat, so I stick some in the freezer when I find them at a good price.

When I saw Totino's Pizza Rolls and Oscar Meyer Lunchables on sale as part of the 10/$10 sale, I had to stop in to stock up on some.

I used (2) $1/2 online coupons printed here and (3) $1/2 coupons from the Sunday paper insert. 10/10 is a good price. 10/$5 is even better AND, I earned an additional 10 box tops for education catalina to donate to the girl's Middle School PTG. Combined with the 10 box tops printed on the boxes, that is an additional $2 donation.

I also purchased (2) 3lb packages of Split Chicken Breast. At $6 for 3 lbs, this would not be a great bargain. But, Shaw's had a Buy One, Get One Sale on these, which made them 6 lbs for $6.

I bought 2 different single serving sizes of fish; one Tilapia and one Salmon. The girls and I do not care for fish, but my husband does. So, sometimes, I make a dinner and substitute fish for him when the rest of us eat pork chops, steak, or chicken. These single servings were perfect with that intention in mind. The best part? They were only $1 each. I would have purchased more of them, but it goes against my policy of buying unnecessary things without coupons to match with the sales. The sale price was good, but this was not something I needed to have, therefore, I chose to limit how many I bought.

Lastly, you may have noticed the lonely single package of toilet tissue. After nearly 9 months, I am sad to say that my back stock of FREE toilet tissue is gone. Read about that shopping trip HERE. But, it was good while it lasted. I will continue watching for another FREE deal on this. So far, none have been found. *Sigh*

Remember to check in to the Shaw's page on Facebook HERE for exclusive coupons to match with tomorrow's sale. Our local Shaw's will double up to (4) $1.00 off coupons tomorrow, in addition to their regular doubling policy.
Sonja ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment