A place for Maine's Frugalistas to Share Information on Matching Coupons with Upcoming Sales to Maximize Savings to Your Budget. Welcome, Friends ♥

Thursday, January 5, 2012

$1 Pantene, .99¢ Aussie, & Herbal Essence Hair Care until Saturday


I started my morning at Walgreen’s. My intention? Purchase one pair of Aussie and two sets of Herbal Essence shampoos and conditioners and ten bottles of Soft Soap. The twist to this transaction was that the sale for the shampoos was for individual items, not a “two for”. When you are dealing with RRs, this can be complicated. Setting the sale this way necessitates buying in several transactions to get the advertised RRs. For example, if I were to purchase a set of shampoo and conditioner, my cost would be $2.99 each= $5.98, less (2) $1/1 coupons=$3.98 for two. This transaction would give you one $1rr making the net cost $2.98/2 or $1.49 each. I purchased each shampoo and conditioner separately instead. My cost was $2.99 less the $1/1 coupon= $1.99 and I earned $1rr, which makes the net transaction .99¢ each bottle. I had to make 6 separate transactions to make this work.  I also intended to purchase 10 bottles of Soft Soap. This was on sale for .99¢ each. I had (5) $1/2 coupons to use, which adjusted my price to only .49¢ each bottle. To consolidate my transactions as much as possible, I added two Soft Soap bottles to the first 5 transactions. I could not “roll” the RRs to help pay for the subsequent purchases, because then no new RR would print and I would, in effect, be paying only the sale price.

At Rite Aid, I was uncertain how my visit would turn out. I knew that with the turning of the new year, Rite Aid has begun giving Customers the option of preloading coupons onto their wellness cards. You can sign up at www.Load2CardNow.com or  Just Click HERE. Another difference is Rite Aid is automatically loading earned RRs to our cards. The RRs are available to be used the next day, NOT immediately. These changes are going to be interesting and definitely change how I shop some. To my surprise, the RRs printed on both my receipt and Sean’s. The manager mentioned that the change had not gone into effect yet, but to expect it any day. I still plan on stocking up, it is just going to take more care to make sure that I am using the correct card for each transaction. (According to the red colored brochure detailing the changes to policy I picked up at the register today, each household may have a limit of 4 cards and you must be at least 13 years of age to sign up for a wellness card. SCR are limited to one for each household address.) I expect that I am going to mess up some as I work through my new strategy, but I am up for the challenge!
For today, I had (5) $1RRs to begin my transactions. I also had (4) $3/2 Pantene coupons from last Sunday's insert and a $3/1 Oral B Battery Toothbrush. Pantene is on sale for 2/$7, less the coupon= $4/2 bottles. You earn a $2 RR when you buy 2= $2/2 bottles or $1 each. I split my purchases into two transactions because the limit for this sale was 2RRs per card. I also took advantage of the SCR for 2.99 on the Oral B toothbrush. It was on sale for $5.99, which will make it free when I get the SCR back.
I am a little behind still in sorting the sales for the coming weeks, but I have all my coupons cut, sorted and in my binder. I posted my posts. All in all, not bad for getting back into the swing of a normal schedule. I'll let you know how Rite Aid's new policy is going to work out, once I have it reckoned.
Talk to you all soon!
Sonja ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment