A place for Maine's Frugalistas to Share Information on Matching Coupons with Upcoming Sales to Maximize Savings to Your Budget. Welcome, Friends ♥

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Free Milk @ Hannaford!!!

Here is the Deal:
From now until April 10th, when you purchase Any (3) thress boxes (12 oz or larger) of Kellogg's Cereals, a Catalina Coupon will print that looks like this:
Hannaford has Kellogg's Cereals on sale for 2/$5.
I tried out this deal today. I purchased 4 boxes of cereal, used (2) $1/2 coupons (Sunday insert)= $8.00 out of pocket. I scanned my Hannaford tag and received: (1) $5 off $50 order or more and (1) Catalina for Free milk up to 3.59.

Final Cost $8.00 for 4 boxes of Cereal & 1 Gallon of Milk. Not bad, but there may be a better deal.

Looking ahead at coming sales, my mind has been working on lots of possible scenerios. Walgreen's has Kellogg's cereals on sale beginning tomorrow, (4/3/11) for $1.88 each.

If the Catalina prints there, this will be my plan:
Buy four (4) boxes= $7.52
Use (2) $1/2 coupons= $5.52 (1.38 ea)
Receive 1 Free Milk Catalina
Net Transaction=
$5.52- $3.58=$1.93 (.48 cents ea)

After sorting through all the postings nationally about this deal, this is what I think it will be for our area:

Purchase 3 boxes= 1 Free Milk (works!)
Purchase 5 boxes= 2 Free Milk
Purchase 7 boxes= 3 Free Milk
Remember, Your Mileage May Vary. These are posted nationally and don't always include us.

I need to discuss with my husband first, but I may also try this:
Buy five (5) boxes= $9.40
Use: (1) $1/2 (Sunday insert) and
(1) $1/3 (Sunday insert)= $7.40 ($1.48 ea)
It looks like .10 cents more, BUT...
Receive 2 Free Milk Catalinas ($3.59ea)
Net Transaction:
$7.40- $3.59 (2)= .22 cents (.04 cents ea)

I will update this post if I try the "2 Milk" Catalina offer to let you know if it works or not.

What deals are you excited about this week?
Sonja ♥

1 comment:

  1. I tried the 2 Free milk deal at Walgreens. It did not print ANY Catalinas. So, it looks as if Hannaford is the place to do this deal to get the free milk.

    ReplyDelete