A place for Maine's Frugalistas to Share Information on Matching Coupons with Upcoming Sales to Maximize Savings to Your Budget. Welcome, Friends ♥

Monday, April 4, 2011

Walgreens: Purex, Cadbury Eggs, Colgate Max White Toothpaste, and more! April 3, 2011

3 Boxes Kellogg's Cereals, 3 Boxes Kellogg's Frosted Flakes, 3 Purex Laundry Detergent, 3 Cans Bumblebee Tuna Fish, 8 Cadbury Eggs, 4 Colgate Max White Toothpaste

Transaction 1-4: 1 tube Colgate Max White Toothpaste.
Pay $2.99, earn $3RR each
Total= FREE

Transaction 5: Everything else pictured above. Kellogg's cereals on sale for $1.88 ea. I used three $1/2 Kellogg's cereals coupons, Purex laundry soap $1.99 with in ad coupon. I used three $1/1 Purex coupons. 8 Cadbury eggs on sale .39 cents. Bumble Bee tuna .59 cents with in ad coupon. My order came to over $34.00. I handed the RRs first, the manufacturer's coupons next. The cashier wanted to scan the Walgreen's coupons before the manufacturer's coupons, but I explained that I would prefer to use those last. In the end, I paid $2.47 out of pocket. It actually DOES matter what order the coupons are scanned, especially at Walgreens. When you use coupons in this order, it usually solves the issue for the machine beeping because it had more coupons to use than number of items purchased. Additionally, had I tendered the coupons in reverse, I would not have been able to use one of the $3 RRs.

Today, I wanted to try alternating Colgate toothpaste and Aussie hair care. I began by buying one tube of Colgate Max White Toothpaste. I spent $2.99 and earned $3 RR. My 2nd transaction was to buy one Aussie Shampoo/Conditioner on sale for 2/$7 sale. I used one $3 RR and one B1G1 coupon (value $3.50). My cost .85 cents with tax. I bought another Colgate Max Toothpaste. I used the $2 rr from the Shampoos and my cost was $1.15. Last, I bought another set of Aussie shampoo and conditioner for .85 cents and earned $2RR. Total cost for everything: $5.84 and I still have $2 RR.
Net Transaction: $3.

I was hoping to earn two Free Milk catalinas, but it didn't happen. Still, I can't complain. Remember, the catalinas are only printing until April 9th!

♥ Sonja

1 comment:

  1. no milk catalina's at Walgreens then? hmm ok

    I am off to Hannford's today then...maybe =)

    ReplyDelete