A place for Maine's Frugalistas to Share Information on Matching Coupons with Upcoming Sales to Maximize Savings to Your Budget. Welcome, Friends ♥

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Hamburger Helper, Trident, & Thomas English Muffins @ Shaw's today!

I haven't shopped at Shaw's for a while. I love that they will double manufacturer coupons up to .99 cents, but it is in Bangor and thirty minutes away, so unless the sale is REALLY, REALLY, REALLY good, I just don't get there often. But, I was glad I did today.

I started at Hannaford this morning, coupon binder in hand. My plan was simple, eloquent even. I had printed and clipped 6 Hamburger Helper coupons. Four of them for $1/3 and one for .80/4. With the Catalina printing a $2 OYNO coupon. AND an immediate $5 off when you buy ten boxes, I was sure this was going to be a good sale. I was right... and wrong. I thought Hamburger Helper was supposed to be on sale for $1.25/box, but when I got there, the tag read 2/$4.00. Now, I have been out of school for some time, but I was fairly certain, that totalled $2/box. It didn't take me long to do the math and choose to call Shaw's to check their price.

The Math:
10 boxes @ 2/$4.00= $20.00
Less coupons ($2.80)= $17.20
Less Instant Savings ($5.00)= $12.20
Less $2 off any item I already had= $10.20
Less $2 OYNO coupon= $8.20
$8.20/10 boxes= .82 cents per box

Shaw's had Hamburger Helper on sale for $1.25 box. AND, I would get an additional .80 cents off from their doule coupon policy. This was going to be GREAT! And, I found a couple of other great buys, too!

The Math:
10 Hamburger Helper @$1.25/box= $12.50
Less Instant $5.00 Saving= $7.50
Less Coupons $3.60 (w/doubling)= $3.90 for 10 boxes= .39 cents each box...
But, with some grouping and making multiple transactions, the deal got even better.

My Shaw's Purchases
20 Hamburger Helper, 2 Trident gum, 3 Thomas English Muffins, 2 Cinnamon Burst Cheerios, Regular Retail $59.93

Transaction #1
I purchased 10 boxes of Hamburger Helper using 2 $1/3 coupons and 1 $.80/4 coupon (which doubled to $1.60). Total cost $3.90 out of pocket. Buying these triggered a $2 ONYO catalina coupon to print. Net Transaction, $1.90 or .19 cents per box! ♥ LOVE THAT!!!

Transaction #2
I repeated the transaction, using the same coupons and receiving another $2.00 ONYO coupon.

Transaction #3
I used $1/2 coupon to purchase 2 boxes of Cheerios on sale for 2/$4. This made them $1.50 each. And, I found a B1G1 coupon for the gum at the register bringing the price to two for $1.29. Shaw's had a sale for B1G2 for the english muffins, making their price 3/$3.29 or $1.10 each. My total came to $7.58. I paid with the two $2 Catalina coupons from transactions 1&2 and $3.58 in cash.

Final Result? Nearly $60 in groceries for a total of only $11.38.


♥ Sonja

No comments:

Post a Comment