A place for Maine's Frugalistas to Share Information on Matching Coupons with Upcoming Sales to Maximize Savings to Your Budget. Welcome, Friends ♥

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Free Colgate; Cheap Trident & Vasoline Lotion at Rite Aid

I love, Love, LOVE shopping days like this one! I knew that I wanted to get into Rite Aid for some Vasoline Body Lotion because it was on sale this week for only .99¢ once you consider RRs. I could definitely stock up on some for that price! And, I had $9 RRs from last week to roll. I only needed to spend another $11 to earn my $20 Winter Rewards RR. That meant that I only had to spend $2 out of pocket to earn $20 towards next month's purchases. Sweet, right??? I thought so. It gets better, though.

Rite Aid paid me $4 to buy 4 packages of Colgate Total Toothpaste. Here's how: each Colgate was on sale for $3.50. I used (4) $1/1 coupon from last Sunday's insert to make the price $2.50 each and I earned back $3.50 on each one. Net result= profit $4.00.

Trident Gum is on sale for $1.29/package with a Buy One, Get One sale. That makes them only .66¢ each. I bought six packs and used (2) $1/1 coupons to make the price $1.87 for all six packs or only .31¢ each.

I started today with $9 in RRs. My $21.74 in merchandise reduced to $11.87 with sales and coupons. I paid with $9 RRs and $2.87 cash. I earned $34.00 RRs! (4) $3.50 RRs and (1) $20.00 RR.

I did not wind up getting the .99¢ lotion because they were out of stock, but I was too excited to care. The sale is good through Saturday.

Did anyone else stock up at Rite Aid this week?
Sonja ♥





No comments:

Post a Comment