A place for Maine's Frugalistas to Share Information on Matching Coupons with Upcoming Sales to Maximize Savings to Your Budget. Welcome, Friends ♥

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Rite Aid: L'Oreal Shampoo & Walgreens: Latex Gloves, Chocolate, and Tomato Sauce

I only had yesterday to hit last week's sales and I did not order product in advance because (a) I knew I was only getting a few of each thing and (b) I wasn't completely sure I would feel up to getting to the stores to shop this week. I have a stack of coupon pages at least 4 inches deep that have been sorted (to make cutting easier with my handy paper cutting machine) but not yet cut and filed away. I suspected that in my current post vacational state, I would spend my energy tackling that lot, rather than visiting stores. But, as it happened, I was in Ellsworth for a work project unexpectedly on Saturday and so, I dropped in and scored some good buys for my family.

At Rite Aid, I took advantage of buying L'Oreal shampoos and conditioners for .75 cents each.
Here's how:

I bought 4 L'Oreal Vive Pro Shampoo/Conditioner; Regular Retail: $5.49 each. And, I bought 2 L'Oreal for Kids; Regular Retail: $3.99 each. The full retail value was $29.94.
Sale Price 2/$5.00 plus, $5 RR wyb $15
I purchased 6 L'Oreal products to hit the $15 mark and I used (4) $1/1 coupons for the L'Oreal Vive Pro and (2) $.75/1 coupons for the L'Oreal Kids from the Sunday insert. My total came to $9.50. I earned a $5 RR which made my net total $4.50 for all 6 L'Oreal shampoos and conditioners.
85% savings.


Additionally, this Rite Aid had Fig Bars and Apple Bars on clearance for 75% of the $1.00 original clearance price and medium plastic bowls with covers on clearance for $1. I used my $5 RR to buy 8 fig/apple bar snacks and 3 bowls. This transaction cost me .15 cents- for the tax.


At Walgreens, I had planned on doing a similar transaction to purchase some Garnier Fructis products, but when I looked at the item on sale, even with my $1/1 coupons, the price would have been 2/$5 each bottle. More than I am willing to pay. So, I passed on that. I did buy 4 latex work gloves, 3 cans of Hunts tomato sauce, 8 candybars for a total of $6.92 using last week's in ad coupons.

Funny side story: I had my purse, but forgot my wallet in the car and had to run out (limp madly like a crazed Pirate) to get it. I had handed the nice cashier the flyer, but was less than clear that I intended on using the coupons therein. I didn't catch the total before I agreed to the purchase on my debit card, which came to $15 and change. Since, I had planned on only spending about $6, I explained the problem, i.e. the missing in ad coupons. She told me "I only use the coupons in the flyer if I am asked to do that." I reminded her that I handed her the flyer before I went to my car and asked the cashier to void the transaction. She seemed confused as to why I wanted to do that. I explained the problem again and had to have the manager void the transaction and rebuy everything. It all worked out in the end. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment